Professional and Technical Communication Courses
Every profession requires strong communicators. In fact, employers rank written and oral communication highly in their list of qualities in new hires. Taking an advanced writing course will give you an edge—and something to add to your resume.
We offer writing courses that focus on a range of professions, including:
- Engl 301: Advanced Expository Writing for the Humanities
- Engl 302: Advanced Expository Writing for the Social Sciences
- Engl 303: Advanced Expository Writing for the Natural Sciences
- Engl 304: Advanced Expository Writing for Business
- Engl 305: Advanced Expository Writing for Law Engl 318: Multimedia Composition
- ENGL Professional Writing Portfolio Development and Publication
These courses focus on the kinds of work you will do in professional contexts, from writing reports to developing oral presentations to communicating in digital media. If you really like writing, you might also check out our minor in Composition, Rhetoric, and Digital Literacy or our major concentration in Writing, Editing, and Digital Production.