Professional and Technical Communication Courses
Every profession requires strong communicators. In fact, employers rank written and oral communication highly in their list of qualities in new hires. Taking an advanced writing course will give you an edge—and something to add to your resume.
We offer writing courses that focus on a range of professions, including:
- ENGL 300: Professional Writing and Editing
- ENGL 300I: Professional Writing in Health and Medicine (Interdisciplinary)
- ENGL 301: Professional Writing in the Arts
- ENGL 302: Professional Communication for Social Movements
- ENGL 303: Scientific and Technical Communication
- ENGL 304: Advanced Business Communication
- ENGL 305: Advanced Legal Communication
These courses focus on the kinds of work you will do in professional contexts, from writing reports to developing oral presentations to communicating in digital media. If you really like writing, you might also check out our minor in Composition, Rhetoric, and Digital Literacy or our major concentration in Writing, Editing, and Digital Production.