Kenan Visiting Writer
Applications Open for Kenan Visiting Writer
The Creative Writing Program in UNC’s Department of English and Comparative Literature seeks to bring an emerging talent to campus for a one-year teaching appointment as the Kenan Visiting Writer. For the 2019-2020 academic year, beginning August 2019, the Program requests applicants in POETRY.
This one-year appointment carries an annual salary of $32,000. The selected candidate will teach one undergraduate creative writing course per semester, most likely at the introductory level. The selected candidate will also give one major public reading and otherwise participate fully in the life of the Creative Writing Program.
An M.F.A. in Creative Writing is required.
Applicants should also have:
- Significant publication in major literary magazines
- Published one recent book or have one book under contract
- Previous college teaching experience, and
- A willingness to relocate to Chapel Hill for one year.
By 5:00 p.m. on February 18, 2019, applicants should apply online at http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/150958 and submit:
- A curriculum vita
- Up to 10 pages of published work (uploaded as a “writing/research sample”), and
- A 1-page personal statement indicating how an appointment of this sort would serve the applicant’s needs and endeavors (uploaded as “cover letter”).
- Three letters of reference, two of which should be written by those familiar with the applicant’s teaching abilities and who can evaluate the applicant’s suitability for this position, should be uploaded and addressed to:
- Professor Daniel Wallace
- Director of Creative Writing and Search Committee Chair
- UNC Chapel Hill, Campus Box 3520
- Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3520.
Questions about the position, the job requirements, or the hiring department should be directed to Professor Wallace at email@example.com.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We also encourage protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.