I taught in the English Department from 1960 to 1975 and was invited to teach the medieval literature course in the Comparative Literature program from 1965 to 1975.
1953, BA Letras Anglo-Germanicas, University of Parana, Brazil
1956, MA English, Ohio University, Athens, OH
1960, PhD English, The Ohio State University
- The Sin of Sloth: Acedia in Medieval Thought and Literature (Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press, 1967)
- Macaronic Sermons: Bilingualism and Preaching in Late Medieval England (Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press, 1994)
- Latin Sermon Collections from Later Medieval England: Orthodox Preaching in the Age of Wyclif (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005)
- Preaching in the Age of Chaucer: Selected Sermons in Translation. Trans. Siegfried Wenzel (Washington, D.C.: The Catholic University of America Press, 2008)
- Medieval Artes Praedicandi: A Synthesis of Scholastic Sermon Structure. Medieval Academy Books, No. 114 (Toronto: Published for The Medieval Academy of America by University of Toronto Press, 2015)
- “The Pilgrimage of Life as a Late Medieval Genre,” Mediaeval Studies, 35 (1973), 370-388
A full list can be found on my web page.
- Guggenheim Fellowship, 1968-1969.
- Guggenheim Fellowship, 1982-1983.
- Fellowships from ACLS (1964) and NEH (1975 and 1984).
- Fellow of the Medieval Academy of America, 1978-.