2000 PhD English, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
In Dreaming America (2013) Leslie Frost traces how the tumultuous politics of the late 1930s shaped the stories and stagings of Federal Theatre Project (1935-1939) children’s plays that participated in Popular Front culture. In 2016, Frost adapted and produced an80th anniversary staged reading of the Federal Theatre Project’s It Can’t Happen Here at Historic Playmakers Theatre at UNC-Chapel Hill. She is currently working on a project centered on New Deal U.S. Post Office murals.
- Dreaming America: Popular Front Ideals an Aesthetics in Children’s Plays of the Federal Theatre Project (Columbus: The Ohio State University Press, 2013)
- 2018 — Invited Lecture, Mahindra Humanities Center, Harvard University. “Don’t be Mean and Other Lessons from the Federal Theatre Project.”
- 2017 — National Endowment for the Humanities. “Recognizing an Imperfect Past: History, Memory, and the American Public”. Institute Fellowship. Georgia Historical Society. June 11-23, 2017
- 2014 – National Endowment for the Humanities. View from the East: The Federal Government and the American West. Institute Fellowship. George Mason University. July 7-August 8, 2014.
- 2014 – University Research Council. Project Scene at the P.O.: The Art of Democracy in Post Office Murals of the New Deal.
- September 2011-May 2012- Fulbright Scholar Lecturing/Research Grant, Department of English Studies, University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus, Girne American University, Girne, North Cyprus
- English 105 and 105i Rhetoric and Composition
- English 122 Introduction to American Literature
- English 126 Introduction to Drama
- English 128 Major American Authors