2014, BA English, Brigham Young University
2017, MFA Creative Writing, Colorado State University
Kylan Rice studies nineteenth and twentieth-century American poetry and poetics.
- An Image Not a Book (Free Verse Editions, forthcoming 2023)
- Primer, co-authored with Dan Beachy-Quick (Free Poetry Press, 2023)
- Incryptions (Spuyten Duyvil, 2021)
- Southern Lights: 75 Years of the Carolina Quarterly, co-edited with Sophia Houghton and Daniel Wallace (UNC Press, forthcoming 2023)
- “‘Bird, Jewel, or Flower?’: On the Tokenization of Nineteenth-Century Women’s Poetry,” ELH (forthcoming)
- “A ‘Correspondence of Eyes with Eyes’: Edwin Arlington Robinson, Empathy, and Literary Naturalism,” CR: The New Centennial Review, vol. 20, no. 3, December 2020, pp. 179 – 205.
- “‘In Couples, In Small Companies’: On Robert Duncan and Sentimental Modernism.” Arizona Quarterly: A Journal of American Literature, Culture, & Theory, vol. 76, no. 2, Summer 2020, pp. 87-113.
- “‘Some Other’s Text’: Dan Beachy-Quick, Moby-Dick, and the Poetics of Reading.” Leviathan: A Journal of Melville Studies, vol. 21, no. 2, June 2019, pp. 83-103.
- “‘Light—enabling Light’: Emily Dickinson and the Apparatus of the Poet’s I.” Women’s Studies, vol. 47, no. 3, 2018, pp. 317-332.
- Student Undergraduate Teaching and Staff Award, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2023.
- Lyle V. Jones Dissertation Fellowship, awarded within the Royster Society of Fellows, 2022-23.
- Graduate Student Fellowship, Emily Dickinson International Society, 2023
- Early Stages Departmental Dissertation Fellowship, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Summer 2021
- Bain Award for outstanding academic performance in the second year of graduate study, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2019
- Ruth Richardson Award for outstanding academic performance in the first year of graduate study, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2018