1997, PhD English, University of South Florida
1994, MA English, University of South Florida
1987, BA English, Emory University
My teaching and research explore how literacy is evolving in response to digital, information, networked, and media technologies. I often serve as the Director the ENGL 105 First-year Writing Program at UNC, through which I launched the Carolina Digital Literacy Initiative in partnership with Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Becoming a College Writer: A Multimedia Text. (Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 2019).
- Adobe Creative Cloud across the Curriculum: A Guide for Students and Teachers. (2018).
- Take 20. (Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 2019).
- Halbritter, Scott and Todd Taylor. “Remembering Composition.” JAC: A Journal of Composition Theory. DVD format. (2007).
- Walker, Janice R. and Todd Taylor. The Columbia Guide to Online Style. 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2007).
- Taylor, Todd and Irene Ward. Literacy Theory in the Age of the Internet. (New York: Columbia University Press, 1998).
- William C. Friday / Class of 1986 Award for Excellence in Teaching (2004)
- Ueltschi APPLES/Service Learning Grant (2002-2005)
- Chapman Family Faculty Fellowship (2001-2002).
- Adobe Digital Literacy Fellowship (2019)
- Reynolds Faculty Grant (2009)
- Computers and Composition Award for Outstanding Digital Scholarship (2006)
- Spray-Randleigh Fellowship (2005)
- UNC/IBM Instructional Technology Development Grant (2002)
- UNC/IBM Instructional Technology Development Grant (2001)
- Center for the Study of the American South Course Development Grant (2000).
- ATN Content/FACET Development Grant (1999-2001)
- 1998 Hugh Burns Dissertation Award
- Chancellor’s Award for Instructional Technology, UNC-CH (1997-1998)
- (ENGL 706) Rhetorical Theory and Practice
- (ENGL 318) Advanced Multimedia and Networked Composition
- (ENGL 149) Introduction to Multimedia and Networked Composition
- (ENGL 105) Composition and Rhetoric
- (ENGL 100) Introduction to College Composition
- (ENGL 89) First-year Seminar: Documentary North Carolina
Office: Greenlaw 519