Teaching Assistant Professor
2011, PhD, English and Comparative Literature, University of Cincinnati
2006, MFA, Creative Writing, Arizona State University
1997, MTS, Theology, Vanderbilt Divinity School
1994, BS, Language Arts Education, The University of Oklahoma
Søren G. Palmer’s work has appeared in Barely South Review, Ecotone, Huffington Post, North American Review and been shortlisted for the Flannery O’Connor Award for Short Fiction. He holds an MTS from Vanderbilt Divinity School, an MFA in Creative Writing from Arizona State and a PhD in English and Comparative Literature from the University of Cincinnati. He lives in Durham with his wife and three dogs.
- “A Relic of Desire.” In Barely South Review. Spring, 2018. Norfolk, Virginia. Volume 9.02.
- “Disciples, Soldiers and Kings.” In Potomac Review. Fall, 2017. Rockville, Maryland. Issue 61.
- “Sticks and Stones: Race, Language and College Campuses.” In The Huffington Post. August, 2015.
- “What We Learned.” In Burrow Press Review. January, 2015.
- “Transitional Violence in King of New York.” In Journal of Religion and Film. April, 2014. Vol. 18.1.
- “Seven Flights.” In Ecotone. Ed. David Gessner. Wilmington, North Carolina. Fall, 2007.
- Shortlisted, The Flannery O’Connor Award for Short Fiction, 2016
- Nomination, Pushcart Prize, 2006
- ENG 105 Introduction to Composition and Rhetoric
- ENG 123 Introduction to Fiction
- ENG 129 Literature and Cultural Diversity
Office: Greenlaw 220