1989, PhD English, Duke University
Margaret O’Shaughnessey focuses on American Literature, specifically Native American Literature and American Environmental Literature. She also teaches Writing in the Natural Sciences.
- “Sherman Alexie’s Transformations of ‘Ten Little Indians.’” Sherman Alexie: An Anthology of Critical Essays. Ed. Jeff Berglund. Provo: University of Utah Press, 2010.
- “Painters and Paintings in Across the River and into the Trees.” Hemingway’s Italy: New Perspectives. Ed. Rena Sanderson. Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, Pp. 201-211.
- “Edwin Austin Abbey’s Reinterpretation of the Grail Quest.” Arthuriana, 4 (1994): 298-312.
- APPLES Service-Learning Teaching Excellence Award, 2013
- Ueltschi Service-Learning Grant ($10,000), March 2009
- English 105i: Writing in the Natural Sciences
- English 129: Native American Literature
- English 266: Science and Literature
Office: Greenlaw 501