Diversity & Inclusion Committee
The departmental Diversity & Inclusion committee was formed in 2017 and currently includes faculty of all ranks and a graduate student representative. In addition to advising on faculty hires, the committee works on a variety of projects to improve the climate in the department.
- Carolina Diversity Post-doctoral Fellow candidate review
- Large-scale survey of undergraduate students on climate and diversity & inclusion needs in the ECL major and classrooms
- Support of Director of Graduate Admissions’ recruitment of new graduate students
- Ongoing building of D&I website content and resources
- Ongoing support and responsiveness on issues relating to campus historical memorials and protests