For a listing of the meeting times, locations, and instructors for current courses, please check the Directory of Classes. The Writing Program offers the following courses:
- English 100: Basic Writing
- English 105: English Composition and Rhetoric
- English 105i: Writing in the Disciplines, a discipline-specific, alternative 105 course
- English 105 Research Exposure: fulfills one requirement for the Carolina Research Scholar Program
Returning Students Who Have Not Completed the Foundational Composition Requirement: Transition to 105
Students who enrolled at UNC prior to fall 2012 must complete the composition requirements in place at the time of enrollment.
- placed into ENGL 100 should first complete ENGL 100 in fall 2012 then contact the Writing Program
- placed into ENGL 101 must either complete the course at UNC in fall 2012 or complete the equivalent course at another institution for transfer credit (speak with an Academic Advisor prior to enrolling at another instution to insure the credit will transfer)
- placed into ENGL 102 should take ENGL 105; ENGL 105 is equivalent to and fulfills the former ENGL 102 foundational requirement
Effective fall 2012, ENGL 102/102i will no longer be offered; students who still need ENGL 102 should enroll in ENGL 105.
See the 105 Transition page for more information.