2014 Distinguished Writer-in-Residence
The 2014 Distinguished Writer-in-Residence was Stewart O’Nan, who visited campus February 24-28. While at UNC, O’Nan met with creative writing students, participated in a panel on baseball, and gave the annual Distinguished Writer-in-Residence Reading, during which he read from his forthcoming novel about F. Scott Fitzgerald.
For more information about O'Nan or the Distinguished Writer-in-Residence Program, please see the links at the bottom of the page.
Pictures from top to bottom:
1. Stewart O'Nan dons a Carolina cap, to the delight of the audience, during his Distinguished Writer-in-Residence Reading. (photo by Graham Terhune)
2. Creative writing faculty member Jim Seay speaks with Stewart O'Nan (photo by Graham Terhune)
3. Distinguished Writer-in-Residence program donors Richard Hibbits (left) and his wife Ford Hibbits (right) with Weldon Thornton, Professor Emeritus of English (photo by Graham Terhune)
4. Daniel Wallace with his senior honors fiction students (photo by Graham Terhune)
5. Stewart O'Nan speaks with creative writing students (photo by Graham Terhune)
Past Distinguished Writers-in-Residence
Stewart O'Nan biography
Like us on Facebook!